- Country of Origin: England
- Price Range: £10000-£25000
- Date: Circa 1865
A fine quality Victorian pedestal desk in olive wood with finely cast ormolu gallery. Each end conceals a pull out writing slide. Both Gillow and Holland and Sons were known to make this model of desk. Certainly the quality of the cabinet work and choice of Olivewood would suggest one of these iconic 19th Century cabinet workshops has made this stunning desk.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- A signed bronze meiji period censor on hard wood stand.
- Late George III Mahogany serpentine chest of draws
- An unusual Victorian mahogany hall bench of exceptional size distressed black leather squab.
- A pair of Swiss carved lime-wood pictures, one showing a hunter being attacked by an eagle as he attempts to raid its nest, the other a climber rescuing a girl who has fallen while picking flowers and been saved by her clothing snagging on a branch, framed.
- A George III mahogany cheese coaster of wonderful colour, original leather castors.