- Country of Origin: Japan
- Price Range: £5000-£10000
- Date: 1910
A Meiji period bronze of a huntsman carrying a gun,
signed in a seal. 角羽製 in an elaborate seal script,
which reads “Kakuha sei”. Japanese, c1910.
角羽勘左衛門 Kakuha Kanzaemon had shops in Yokohama and Takaoka (Toyama prefecture) but their manufacturing workshop was based in Etchu, Takaoka, Toyama.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- A George I Albigensian wing arm chair of generous proportions.
- Two Meiji period bronze carp,
- A Regency brass inlaid Gonzalo Alves and Ebonised side cabinet
- An early Victorian rosewood writing table by Holland & Sons
- A pair of Swiss carved lime-wood pictures, one showing a hunter being attacked by an eagle as he attempts to raid its nest, the other a climber rescuing a girl who has fallen while picking flowers and been saved by her clothing snagging on a branch, framed.