A PAIR OF ITALIAN FLINTLOCK HOLSTER PISTOLS BY LERME, WITH BARRELS BY LAZARINO COMINAZZO, BRESCIA, circa 1700
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Price Range: £50000+
- Date: circa 1700
- Size: Length: 57 cm / 22.5 inches
Formed of signed, two-stage barrels decorated at their breeches with longitudinal flutes and herringbone ribs, the signed rounded locks chiseled in high relief with scrolling acanthus foliage and a dragon. The finely figured walnut full stocks with inlaid decorative plaques and mounts of iron, including lion-mask butt-caps, side-plates, trigger-guards and ramrod pipes, variously pierced, engraved and chiseled in high relief with scrolling acanthus foliage and dragons; and iron-tipped wooden ramrods.
Carlo Lerme is listed as working in Brescia between 1690 and 1730.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Finer
Other items by Peter Finer
- AN INDIAN PESH-KABZ WITH GEM-SET CARVED ROCK CRYSTAL HILT, circa 1850
- AN ITALIAN CIRCULAR EMBOSSED IRON SHIELD IN HIGH RENAISSANCE STYLE, circa 1850
- A FRENCH TOOLED AND GILT MOROCCO POWDER-FLASK FOR A SPORTING GUN, circa 1650
- A FRENCH CASED PAIR OF RIFLED OVER-AND-UNDER PERCUSSION SINGLE-TRIGGER TRAVELLING PISTOLS OF PRESENTATION QUALITY, DAMASCENED AND INLAID WITH TWO COLOURS OF GOLD, BY LEPAGE-MOUTIER, ARQUEBUSIER DU ROI, serial no. 567, dated 1847
- A FINE ENGLISH SWEPT-HILT RAPIER, circa 1600