A PAIR OF ITALIAN FLINTLOCK HOLSTER PISTOLS BY LERME, WITH BARRELS BY LAZARINO COMINAZZO, BRESCIA, circa 1700
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Price Range: £50000+
- Date: circa 1700
- Size: Length: 57 cm / 22.5 inches
Formed of signed, two-stage barrels decorated at their breeches with longitudinal flutes and herringbone ribs, the signed rounded locks chiseled in high relief with scrolling acanthus foliage and a dragon. The finely figured walnut full stocks with inlaid decorative plaques and mounts of iron, including lion-mask butt-caps, side-plates, trigger-guards and ramrod pipes, variously pierced, engraved and chiseled in high relief with scrolling acanthus foliage and dragons; and iron-tipped wooden ramrods.
Carlo Lerme is listed as working in Brescia between 1690 and 1730.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Finer
Other items by Peter Finer
- A SCOTTISH HIGHLAND CLAYMORE, circa 1574
- A CASED PAIR OF ENGLISH FLINTLOCK DUELLING PISTOLS BY JOHN MANTON & SON, DOVER STREET, LONDON, No. 5846 for 1814
- AN INDIAN PESH-KABZ WITH GEM-SET CARVED ROCK CRYSTAL HILT, circa 1850
- A FRENCH SILVER AND ENAMEL-HILTED SMALL-SWORD, circa 1785
- A MUGHAL CARVED IVORY PRIMING-FLASK, late 17th century