- Country of Origin: Switzerland
- Price Range: £5000-£10000
- Date: c.1910
A small linden wood group of a ‘Black Forest’ mountain
dog and her puppies,
finely carved with the puppies clambering over their recumbent mother, painted with naturalistic markings in black and tan, Swiss, c1910.
Footnote: For a very similar but larger example by Heinrich Mäder in 1908, see Arenski, Daniels and Daniels, ‘Swiss Carvings, The Art of the Black Forest, 1820-1940.’ P94 Plate 140.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- An antique Napoleon III bow and arrow table
- Japanese wood Okimono of three monkeys “See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil”,
- This fine bronze sculpture shows a mounted Cossack shading his eyes as he turns to scan the horizon.
- Two Meiji period bronze carp,
- An early Victorian rosewood writing table by Holland & Sons