- Country of Origin: Italy
- Price Range: £10000-£25000
- Date: 1500 - 1525
- Size: 10 inch Diameter
ProvenanceFrom a private collection Stuttgart
A Very Rare Venetian low footed Glass Bowl, C.1500 – 1525; The shallow tray of the bowl moulded with a series of ribs radiating from the raised centre; the broad rim decorated with an intricate pattern of gilded scales embellished with white, red and blue enamel dots, and the centre decorated with a gilt rosette edged with a band of white enamel dots; approx 10 inches in diameter.
Such a bowl appears in the Madonna and Child in the Royal Collections, Stockholm, that Piero di Cosimo (1462 to 1521) painted in the early 16th century. There are examples in many of the major museums in Europe, and an example in the Robert Lehman collection in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Mayflower Antiques
Other items by Mayflower Antiques
- A Walnut table cabinet, English c.1670
- A Very Rare Ottoman Table Box (Circa 1600)
- A fine Silver gilt wine cup, German or Swiss c.1630
- An Extremely Rare Catalan Glass Holy Water Stoup
- A Little Indo Portuguese Silver and Parcel Gilt Box (17th Century Portugal)