Ancient intaglio ca 20 B.C. of King Juba II. Married the daughter of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony. The portrait is of / possible / the young king. Born 52 B.C. dies 23 A.D.
The portrait is a good likenes but it could also be the “portrait” of the young Hercules.
The gold ring is ca 1860
Measurements of bezel : 12 x 11 mm
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Szuhay
Other items by Peter Szuhay
- Early Sixteenth Century Reliquary Pendant
- Eighteenth century carved ivory figure
- Late seventeenth century posy ring
- Eighteenth century silver and paste brooch
- Fourteenth Century Gold Iconographic Ring