Carnelian intaglio ca first century A.D. in later mount.
The mildly domed intaglio is depicting three mounted riders. Interestingly the riders are not armed. Could be depicting a historical event..?The shape of the gem ,being “cushion” shaped is also quite unusual.
The modern mount is 18 ct yellow gold.
Size of bezel: 23 x 17 mm
Ring size: “R” + 1/2 = US 9
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Szuhay
Other items by Peter Szuhay
- Augsburg table tobacco box
- Early Seventeenth century silver drinking cup
- First century Gnostic, Abraxas intaglio ring
- Seventeeth Century Guatemala Silver Chalice
- 1600 enameled gold and diamonds jewel