- Country of Origin: China
- Date: Circa 1810
- Size: H 75"; W 39"; D 29"
A rare antique Anglo-Chinese amboyna secretaire cabinet. The upper section with with two cupboard doors below a pediment decorated with ebony shells and roundels. The base with three long drawers below a secretaire drawer enclosing an arrangement of pigeon holes and small drawers in ebony with fine bone stringing. retaining all the original sunken handles and carrying handles.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- Napoleon III antique display cabinet.
- A small linden wood group of a ‘Black Forest’ mountain dog and her puppies
- Late George III Mahogany serpentine chest of draws
- A fine quality Victorian desk in olive wood
- A pair of Swiss carved lime-wood pictures, one showing a hunter being attacked by an eagle as he attempts to raid its nest, the other a climber rescuing a girl who has fallen while picking flowers and been saved by her clothing snagging on a branch, framed.