“Large” Augsburg silver table tobacco box. Augsburg town mark for 1700-105 and with the makers mark of Melchior Hirtz. Maker became a master in 1689 died in 1715.
The box is engraved with contemporary Dutch arms. The underneath of the box has Hebrew lettering, also seem to be contemporary.
Lid is also with assay scrape, town mark and makers mark.
Measurements: 120 x 88 mm Height:47 mm
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Szuhay
Other items by Peter Szuhay
- Eighteenth Century Cameo ring
- Caspar, Melchior, Balthazar,medieval ring
- Early Seventeenth Century Pendant
- Early Seventeenth century silver drinking cup
- Late sixteenth century silver pax