- Country of Origin: Japan
- Date: Circa 1800 to Circa 1890
The cover inset with an iron panel finely worked and inlaid in silver and gold, with a scene showing a pavilion, tree and bridge, in a mountain landscape, with cranes and the moon in the distance, signed to the panel “Hiroteru” or “Kosho”, the interior with various compartments and decorated in speckled gold lacquer, Meiji
Acquired in the 19th century by a sea captain and left to his daughter, Rosanna Foley (1894-C.1981) and thence by descent.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- A fine free standing kidney shaped mahogany desk by Druce & Co
- A fine 19th Century bronze
- A Regency brass inlaid Gonzalo Alves and Ebonised side cabinet
- Napoleon III antique display cabinet.
- Rare Antique Mahogany cased Cork Model of a Lighthouse