- Country of Origin: England
- Price Range: £5000-£10000
- Date: Circa 1855
H 32.00 inch (81.28 cm) W 36.00 inch (91.44 cm) D 18.00 inch (45.72 cm)
A pair of Victorian gilt cast-iron console tables with black marble and pietra dura tops.
Each inlaid with various hardstones including amethyst, malachite, jaspers and lapis lazuli, one with coat of arms and motto “A DEO ET REGE” – for God and for King -.
On cast iron bases each with registration marks underneath, the porcelain castors stamped C.PATENT.
The arms are those of Stanhope accole with Stanhope with Green in pretence, for Leicester Stanhope, 5th Earl of Harrington C.B. (1784-1862)and his wife Elisabeth(d. 1867), daughter of William Green of Trelawney, Jamaica, whom he married in 1831.
He was made a Companion of the Bath for his military service and awarded the Greek Order of the Redeemer, both which appear beneath the dexter arms.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- A fine mahogany and brass bound Georgian wine cooler.
- French parquetry side table
- Japanese silver and Komai style box
- Burr walnut and ormolu mounted centre table with superb quartered veneered top.
- French Art Deco 1930’s wall stand hat rack with shelves