- Country of Origin: England
- Price Range: £5000-£10000
- Date: Circa 1855
H 32.00 inch (81.28 cm) W 36.00 inch (91.44 cm) D 18.00 inch (45.72 cm)
A pair of Victorian gilt cast-iron console tables with black marble and pietra dura tops.
Each inlaid with various hardstones including amethyst, malachite, jaspers and lapis lazuli, one with coat of arms and motto “A DEO ET REGE” – for God and for King -.
On cast iron bases each with registration marks underneath, the porcelain castors stamped C.PATENT.
The arms are those of Stanhope accole with Stanhope with Green in pretence, for Leicester Stanhope, 5th Earl of Harrington C.B. (1784-1862)and his wife Elisabeth(d. 1867), daughter of William Green of Trelawney, Jamaica, whom he married in 1831.
He was made a Companion of the Bath for his military service and awarded the Greek Order of the Redeemer, both which appear beneath the dexter arms.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Wick Antiques Ltd
Other items by Wick Antiques Ltd
- A signed bronze meiji period censor on hard wood stand.
- Regency Shell Centrepiece
- An early Victorian steel rocking chair
- Pair of candelabra
- Antique satinwood tilt top centre table by Gillow