- Price Range: £1000-£2500
Herrendgrund tumbler cup. Ca 1740
Herrendgrund is situated about one mile from Neushol, and is famous for a spring, which according to the common opinion is supposed to convert iron into copper , whereas in reality the water in which the iron is laid is little else a solution of copper, which corrodes the iron and fills up the interstiches with particles of copper.This seeming transmutation is performed in about three weeks.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Szuhay
Other items by Peter Szuhay
- 1600 enameled gold and diamonds jewel
- Medieval carnelian intaglio ring
- Seventeenth century gold and rubies eternity ring
- Seventeenth century Carmelite pendant.
- Russian silver Trompe l’oeil honey jar