- Country of Origin: Italy
- Price Range: £5000-£10000
- Date: 17th Century
- Size: 7 Inches High
An extremely Rare Antique Venetian glass footed wine cup or tazza with a domed cover; second half of the 17th century; made with cristallo glass decorated with blue intertwined trailing around the top of the cover and underneath the bowl of the cup. Approximately 4 1/2 inches in diameter and 7 inches in height to the top of the finial.
Two very similar examples of this type of vessel are illustrated in plates 208 and 209 on page 235 of Anna-Elisabeth Theuerkauff-Liederwald’s book Venezianishes Glas der Kunstsammlungen der Veste Coburg.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Mayflower Antiques
Other items by Mayflower Antiques
- Bronze Mortar and Pestle
- A rare Silver altar bottle for holy oil, Spanish c.1620
- Charles II Silver Wine Taster (1664 London)
- 16th century Antique clear glass Venetian bowl
- Oak Livery Cupboard