- Price Range: £2500-£5000
- Date: Regency
- Size: dia: 8.75 inches; overall length 17.25 in
An elegant, Regency period Rosewood framed gallery glass, the handle united to the frame by a gilt brass collar.
dia: 8.75 inches; overall length 17.25 in
The gallery glass is a large and impressive type of magnifying glass, the lens of a particular focal point that allows for the gentle magnification of a work of art from a considerable and varied distance, thus the collector or connoisseur is able to look in closer detail at a large hanging picture or standing sculpture. Principally fashionable during the Regency period, this a typical example of circa 1820.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Walpole Antiques
Other items by Walpole Antiques
- Ship’s Wheel Clock & Barometer
- A Charming Miniature Fall-Front Writing Chest
- A Model of Christ’s Crucifixion Cross
- Parker of Bury Tobacco Box
- A Polar Night by Herbert Dicksee