- This item has been sold
- Price Range: £10000-£25000
Ca 1690-1700 silver gilt chalice from Guatemala. The Mexican province of Chiapas was an independent self governing state in the Spanish colonies of the Americas. Culturally and in the style of silver manufacturing this area was closer to Guatemala than Mexico City, and its Hall mark is a variation of the Town Mark of Guatemala City.
To day it might be a remote location from major International Centers but in 1700 this area produced very highly skilled and sophisticated silverware, rivaling Mexico City and on par with major Spanish silver producing centers.
More Items from this Dealer
Information about the Dealer
- Listed by: Peter Szuhay
Other items by Peter Szuhay
- Early Medieval carnelian intaglio ring
- Eighteenth century garnet and diamonds ring
- Augsburg partially gilt silver beaker
- Eighteenth Century Topaz and Rock Crystal broach
- Parcel gilt Baltic vodka cup